Our approach to recruitment is simple; find amazing people and then find them great things to do!
Vice President of Marketing
West Coast, USA
FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team so that together we can build the future.
We have offices in London and the USA, and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College. Join us for the journey.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Vice President (VP) of Marketing to direct and oversee our Marketing department. You will design, implement and monitor effective marketing strategies that align with our business goals.
Our ideal candidate has a solid Marketing background and work experience managing a variety of strategies and campaigns end-to-end, across the whole range of marketing disciplines. Our VP of Marketing will report directly to the CEO and will oversee the developing internal Marketing team. To be successful in this role, you should be highly professional, have direct experience of Life Sciences/Medical devices markets as well as software marketing techniques. You should also play a significant role shaping the company’s strategic planning.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that the Marketing department’s activities contribute to our company’s long-term success.
What You Will Do
● Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness and align with core strategic pillars of the business.
● Build customer lead pipeline working hand-in-glove with sales to develop and drive value from MQl and SQLs
● Set current and long-term goals for internal teams
● Build and own the marketing product road map
● Design and review the Marketing department’s budget
● Build relationships with media and stakeholders through creative PR strategies
● Monitor all marketing campaigns and improve them when necessary
● Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly
● Prepare a dashboard and regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for the CEO
● Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
● Provide guidance and ideas to organize effective marketing events
● Forecast hiring needs for the Marketing department
● Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the company’s objectives
● Track competitors’ activities
● Stay focused on outcomes.
What You Will Get
● A competitive salary
● Equity Options
● Private Health Insurance
● Death in Service benefit
● Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
● Opportunity to work with HapticVR™, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
● Proven work experience as a VP of Marketing, Marketing Director or other senior role
● Experience and demonstrable success within the Med Device, Pharma market place.
● Someone who understand brand adn can point to examples how they have layered fresh, innovative and market defining strategies to build them.
● Experience of marketing software solutions.
● Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns.
● Solid knowledge of SEO, web analytics and Google Adwords.
● Experience with CRM software and digital marketing tools and techniques.
● Strong leadership skills.
● Excellent communications skills.
● Strong analytical and project management skills.
● Strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult decisions.
● Masters/Batchelors degree in Marketing, Communications or relevant field.
Who You Are
● You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you
● You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
● You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
● You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
● Excited to travel as required
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a US national with the ability to work and reside in the USA.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.