Our approach to recruitment is simple; find amazing people and then find them great things to do!
R&D Software Engineer
FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team so that together we can build the future.
We have offices in London and the USA, and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College. Join us for the journey.
About The Role
We are looking for enthusiastic software engineers to join our team, taking part in developing innovative haptic features. You will work closely with the rest of the team to ensure we produce accurate, realistic and immersive content that really simulates what performing surgery is like. You will collaborate with the team to deliver the best way to simulate various actions performed across the whole spectrum of surgery, and be involved in adding this work to our product. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
● Develop of new product features
● Leverage Unity functionality and combine with our platform to create Haptic and VR gameplay
● Research emerging technologies and innovate new ideas to further develop our software and patents
● Work closely with other engineers, designers and artists
● Participate in agile development and SCRUM
● Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
What You Will Get
● A competitive salary
● Private Health Insurance
● Death in Service benefit
● Perks package, which provides a range of discounts and vouchers
● Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
● Opportunity to engage with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
● 3+ years programming experience
● Good C# skills
● Good understanding of 3D Maths and Physics
● Unity experience essential
● VR experience beneficial
● Experience with force feedback devices beneficial
Who You Are
● You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you
● You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
● You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
● You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national with the ability to work and reside in the UK.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.