Our approach to recruitment is simple; find amazing people and then find them great things to do!
FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team so that together we can build the future.
We have offices in London and the USA, and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College. Join us for the journey.
About The Role
We are looking for a QA engineer to join our team, taking responsibility for the continuing high quality of our VR and haptic experiences. You will work closely with the QA Lead and rest of the team to ensure we produce accurate, realistic and immersive content. You will collaborate with the team to deliver the overall testing effort on multiple different projects, employing motivated and self-directed testing and following structured test plans. You will also aid in the creation of test plans and other documentation when required and give ideas on how the overall testing effort can be improved.
What You Will Do
● Employ self-directed testing and testing techniques on various builds and applications
● Follow and correctly execute test cases and other documentation during the later stages of the product lifecycle
● Develop automation scripts and systems to help improve the efficiency of the QA effort
● Report all discovered defects into the internal bug tracker to ensure reports are to a high standard, offering additional information and support if required
● Participate in agile development and SCRUM
● Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
What You Will Get
● A competitive salary
● Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
● Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
● 3+ years professional QA experience
● 1+ years’ experience with automation scripting and common systems
● Experience with QA processes throughout the development project life cycle of more than one project, with the ability and initiative to suggest improvements where applicable
● Good familiarity with common bug finding terminology, methods, principles and grading
● Great knowledge of bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) and other testing tools
● Able to multitask, take instruction and do whatever is needed to help in the overall testing effort
● VR experience beneficial
● Great knowledge of common project management methodologies (e.g. Agile)
● Experience with Unity and basic understanding of how this works is a plus
Who You Are
● You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you
● You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
● You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
● You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national with the ability to work and reside in the UK.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.