Our approach to recruitment is simple; find amazing people and then find them great things to do!
FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team so that together we can build the future.
We have offices in London and the USA, and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College. Join us for the journey.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic professional to join our team, taking on responsibility for developing and leading the design and production for our HapticVR™ experiences. You will work closely with the rest of the development team, the engineers, the artists, the medical, educational and design teams to produce realistic, immersive content. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our
What You Will Do
● Take lead of the development scrum team as the Product Owner
● Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements that match the stakeholder’s expectations
● Plan and prioritize the product feature backlog and development for the product
● Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
● Develop the core design detail for the Product in line with stakeholder requirements
● Lead the planning of product release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionality
● Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release and/or Sprint Goals
● Research and analyze the market, our users, and the overall roadmap for the product
● Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
What You Will Get
● A competitive salary
● Private Health Insurance
● Death in Service benefit
● Perks Package, which provides a range of discounts and vouchers
● Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
● Opportunity to work with HapticVR™, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
● Previous working experience as a Product Owner/Producer/Lead Designer/Game Director
● Degree in Science, Engineering or similar relevant field (you do not need to be a doctor, but you will need to be able to understand medical procedures in detail)
● Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
● Excellent organizational and time management skills, and a great attention to detail
● Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, a creative thinker with a vision
● Interest in VR, MR and AR technologies is essential, experience is preferred
● Experience of Unity is preferred, other 3D engine experience is also relevant
Who You Are
● You understand what it means to work in a start-up, this excites and motivates you
● You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
● You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
● You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
Fundamental VR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age. At Fundamental VR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK national or have a valid visa, unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.