Our approach to recruitment is simple; find amazing people and then find them great things to do!
FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team so that together we can build the future.
We have offices in London and the USA, and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College. Join us for the journey.
About The Role
We are looking for an intelligent, creative and diligent individual who is passionate about Production and Project Management. You have a well-rounded education that can be applied to multiple areas of product development. You will report to the Head of Production and be required to help identify interdependencies of development tasks and effectively coordinate the use of staff to ensure efficient development of our products. You will assist in making decisions on budget and schedule based on analyses, indicating what is or is not practical or possible in product development. You will act as a motivator and mediator across all segments of the studio; you will strive to cultivate an environment of cooperation among employees and facilitate conversations addressing development issues or ideas for innovation. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
● Daily monitoring, tracking and updating of tasks via Agile project management tools
● Develop and execute on the planning for your project(s)
● Responsible for the scope, budget and delivery of your projects, reporting on all facets, on a weekly and monthly basis.
● Own the risks and issues for your projects and provide mitigations
● Follow predefined production process, contribute to the development of workflows and pipelines which improve production at FundamentalVR
● Work closely with your project teams to create a positive atmosphere of efficiency, professionalism and success
● Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
● Own and be a key point of contact and source of information for all production and project management aspects of your projects and team
● Mentor other producers
What You Will Get
● A competitive salary
● Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
● Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
● Benefits including a pension, healthcare, perks and our brand new private office!
What We Are Looking For
● 3-5 years Production or Project Management
● You have a proven track record project managing a small to medium sized team
● Experience in running multi-disciplined Agile software development projects
● You are experienced with QA process for interactive software
● Interest in and some knowledge of VR, MR and AR technologies is essential, first hand VR development experience is preferred
● Degree in Business Management, Communications or equivalent experience
Other Relevant Experience
● Unity (or other 3D game engine) knowledge and/or experience a plus
● Scrum Master Certification a plus
● An interest in science, medicine and cutting edge technologies
Who You Are
● You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you (there will be fun – we promise!)
● You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
● You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
● You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure
● You are calm in all situations and possess exceptional communication skills; explain clearly both in writing and verbally
● You are meticulously organised: plan, set goals and prioritise for you project
● You have strong understanding of agile development and SCRUM, with the ability to write user stories and run sprint planning, review and retrospective meetings
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national with the ability to work and reside in the UK.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.