Our approach to recruitment is simple; find amazing people and then find them great things to do!
Principal Software Engineer
FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team so that together we can build the future.
We have offices in London and the USA, and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College. Join us for the journey.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team, taking responsibility for developing innovative haptic features. You will work closely with the rest of the team to ensure we produce accurate, realistic and immersive content that really simulates what performing surgery is like. You will collaborate with the team to deliver the best way to simulate various actions performed across the whole spectrum of surgery, and be responsible for adding this work to our product. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
● Lead the development of new product features
● Leverage Unity functionality and combine with our platform to create Haptic and VR gameplay
● Work closely with other engineers, designers and artists
● Participate in agile development and SCRUM
● Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
What You Will Get
● A competitive salary
● Private Healthcare
● Death in service insurance
● Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity Leave
● Perks: Access to hundreds of vouchers and discounts
● 20 days of holidays per year + bank holidays + 3 days between Christmas and a new year + one extra day per year, up to a maximum of 28 days.
● Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
● Opportunity to engage with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
● 7+ years professional programming experience
● Excellent C# skills and Unity knowledge
● Excellent architectural skills, experience in designing systems, interacting with a large scale codebase
● Strong management and leadership skills, 2+ years experience
● Excellent cross disciplinary collaboration and communication skills, pro-documentation approach
● Strong understanding of business needs
● Project management skills: requirements, risk analysis, estimation and release management
● Published products developed with Unity
● Strong understanding of performance optimisation
● Experience as a line manager and mentoring other developers
Nice to Have
● VR experience beneficial
● Excellent understanding of 3D Maths and Physics
● Experience with force feedback devices beneficial
● C++ experience an advantage
Who You Are
● You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you
● You see the bigger picture and are able to provide oversight and guidance
● You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
● You lead by example and inspire excellence in others by the way you approach your work
● You care deeply about your team, their working lives and personal development
● You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national with the ability to work and reside in the UK.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.