Our approach to recruitment is simple; find amazing people and then find them great things to do!
Medical Liaison Officer
FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team so that together we can build the future.
We have offices in London and the USA, and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College. Join us for the journey.
About The Role
As a member of our Medical Education team you will be an integral part of our success story.
Working closely with our Chief Learning Officer and Medical Education team, you will conduct medical and surgical task analysis, liaise with our Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and play a key role in the development of our simulations.
You will act as one of the key points of contact for medical and medical education related questions, both internally and externally throughout the whole product life cycle. You will provide medical and scientific support to our internal teams, as well as be an advocate for our KOLs at all times.
This is a dynamic role with a lot of variables and interesting challenges, so no two days will be the same. You will get full support from our team, as you will learn how to excel at this role and advance medical education using the latest technology, while working with the brightest and most dedicated professionals in this area.
Your duties might include but not be limited to:
● Research medical and surgical procedures using an evidence-based approach
● Support the Development team in production of the simulations, by providing medical insights and representing the KOLs
● Organise communication with our KOLs to acquire and verify information to ensure high medical and scientific accuracy. Report this information back to the team
● Help in the creation of learning support materials and presentations
● Collaborate with the Design team to create simulation concepts
● Collaborate with our Quality Assurance team to ensure medical and scientific accuracy
● Support our Marketing team in scientifically accurate content creation
● Support our Business Development team to understand new client’s deep requirements and hence assist in winning new business
● Degree in health or life sciences
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Strong attention to detail
● Ability to learn new information quickly
● Knowledge of basic human anatomy and physiology
● Ability to view and review medical and surgical procedure videos and documentation
● At least 2 years experience of working in a life sciences related field (for example; medical communications, pharmaceutical industry, medical devices, medical education)
● Track record of successfully working in cross functional teams
● Experience of successfully building relationships with healthcare professionals
● Proven ability to understand, interpret and communicate scientific information
● Ability to adapt to the fast paced nature of a startup
● Successful participation in software development projects
● Interest in medical simulation and training
● Interest in virtual and/or augmented reality and technology in general
● Basic understanding of evidence based medicine
● Knowledge of online collaboration tools and live collaboration during development
● Good organisational skills
What You Will Get
● A competitive salary
● Private Health Insurance
● Death in Service benefit
● Perks Package, which provides a range of discounts and vouchers
● Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
● Opportunity to work with HapticVR™, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national with the ability to work and reside in the UK.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.