Our approach to recruitment is simple; find amazing people and then find them great things to do!
IT Technical Specialist
FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team so that together we can build the future.
We have offices in London and the USA, and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College. Join us for the journey.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic professional to join our team, taking on responsibility for procurement and management of company IT. You will work closely with the rest of the Operations team and senior leaders to deliver business infrastructure in a hybrid working environment. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
● Evaluate latest hardware for use in-house and with customers
● Procure, deploy and support hardware and software to meet the needs of the business, supporting in-office and at-home working
● Work to implement/manage information security policies with 3rd party suppliers, review and action incident logs, and implement/maintain ISO27001 accreditation
● Work to test and improve infrastructure resilience
● Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
What You Will Get
● A competitive salary
● Private Health Insurance
● Death in Service benefit
● Perks Package, which provides a range of discounts and vouchers
● Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
What We Are Looking For
● Candidates will have excellent technical experience of dealing with IT issues and queries so able to effectively support all staff requirements.
● Good knowledge of Windows 10/Mac OS.
● Working knowledge Google Workplace/Gsuite administration, Jira, Salesforce and Todyl an advantage
● Experience with VR headsets and Haptic devices an advantage
● Have good skills in key IT applications and hardware, preferably in a Software Development environment although this is not essential.
● Experience of InfoSec practices
● Be professional, flexible, able to work under pressure and adapt to the changing needs of the business and its various departments.
● Strong communication skills.
● The ability to prioritise and clearly communicate your workload.
Who You Are
● You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you
● You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
● You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
● You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national with the ability to work and reside in the UK.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.