Our approach to recruitment is simple; find great people and then find them amazing things to do!
Head of Quality Assurance
FundamentalVR is an established start-up with a mission – to take the best of what VR and haptic technology has to offer (HapticVR™) and develop a platform for surgeons to practice complex operating procedures in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Having delivered our first range of products to the market, we are expanding our team to develop our full SaaS platform and are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join us, building ‘flight simulators for surgery’.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award and the ‘VR, AR & MR’ SXSW award. We have also achieved CPD accreditation from the Royal College of Surgeons and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College, to name but a few!
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced QA professional who is ready to step up to the challenge of leading the quality assurance team for our HapticVR™ experiences and the Fundamental Surgery platform.
You will be responsible for running the QA discipline within the company, reporting to the Operations Director. You will work closely with both the development and customer support teams to ensure we have a robust and forward looking approach to QA. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
• Hands-on test builds across several VR, web and mobile platforms
• Leadership – motivating a team of highly skilled individuals to excel
• Manage the in-house QA team, mentoring and supporting career development
• Combine managerial responsibilities with a hands on approach
• Maintain robust and frequent communication with your team, peers and management
• Regular reporting of status of QA projects to stakeholders
• Manage the schedule and budget for QA projects
• Grow relationships with external QA providers to deal with peaks in demand for QA
• Work closely with our Customer Support team to ensure end users have a good experience
• Keep up to date with the latest QA tools and techniques
What You Will Get
• A competitive salary
• Private Health Insurance
• Death in Service benefit
• Perks package, which provides a range of discounts and vouchers
• Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
• Opportunity to work with HapticVR™, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
• Proven leadership skills
• A strong eye for detail, with a clear and concise written and verbal communication style
• A deep understanding of the QA discipline and process
• Proficient at scheduling and tracking resources
• Experience in setting up, managing and maintaining bug databases, knowledge of Jira a plus
• Comfortable with taking on the hands-on side of the role in combination with management
• Experience working with 3D interactive products essential, along with an understanding and interest in Virtual Reality
• Experience working with a SaaS product, multiplayer experience a bonus
• The ability to adapt to fluid situations, you know when to stick to the plan and when put it to one side
Who You Are
• You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you (there will be fun – we promise!)
• You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
• You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
• You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa; unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.