Our approach to recruitment is simple; find amazing people and then find them great things to do!
Head of Production
FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team so that together we can build the future.
We have offices in London and the USA, and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College. Join us for the journey.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic 3D software professional to lead the Production and Project Management of our VR and haptic experiences. You will report to the CEO and work closely with the CXO, CTO, CLO and the rest of the team to ensure we produce accurate, realistic and immersive content that really simulates what performing surgery is like, and to do this in an efficient and cost effective manner. You will take responsibility for defining the best way to run our development processes and help us achieve our goals. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
- Define and lead production and project management for the business
- Own the long term planning and resource allocation for the business
- Own the budget and P&L for all development projects
- Use a variety of modern Agile production methods and tools to coordinate, schedule and track the work
- Constantly monitor methods with a view to improving efficiency
- Work closely with the broader Senior Management team to help develop an efficient, professional, successful and happy team
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
- Be the key point of contact and source of information for all production and project management aspects of the development team
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Employee share scheme
- Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
- Benefits including a pension, healthcare, perks and the benefits of our brand new private office!
What We Are Looking For
- Strong experience of having managed multiple teams and projects across a company simultaneously
- Confidence and experience in running multi-disciplined Agile software development projects using 3D game engines (Unity experience a plus)
- A expert and deep understanding of agile development and SCRUM, with the ability to adapt and mature the processes as the teams and projects require
- A strong eye for detail, with a clear and concise written and verbal communication style
- Interest in and some knowledge of VR, MR and AR technologies is essential, real time 3D development experience is required
- A degree in a STEM subject is preferred
Who You Are
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you (there will be fun – we promise!)
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure
Diversity Is Our Strength
Fundamental VR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age. At Fundamental VR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK national or have a valid visa, unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.