Our approach to recruitment is simple; find amazing people and then find them great things to do!
Head of Data and AI
West Coast, USA
FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team so that together we can build the future.
We have offices in London and the USA, and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College. Join us for the journey.
About The Role
We are looking for a Head of Data & AI to lead the strategic development of a key part of our business. This role will be about developing and implementing the strategy for data, ML and AI within the organisation, aligned to commercial drivers within the market. You will work closely with all senior members of the team including the CTO and CEO as well as the engineering, medical, educational and design teams. You will be required to establish and develop key commercial external relationships to build, refine and align our data vision with customer discovery and engagement. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
• Own the data strategy working closely with the company’s CEO and CTO
• Lead, develop and manage the data team
• Partner with business and technology leaders to develop data-driven business strategies
• Establish customer discovery programs within key strategic sectors
• Develop insights to help shape strategy across a wide spectrum of business applications including insurance and R&D
• Integrate the company’s data product into key industry infrastructure and resources to further develop its value
• Provide guidance and thought-leadership on analytical best practices to team members and business partners
• Lead the development of requirements for data infrastructure necessary to facilitate efficient analysis and reporting
• Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement
What You Will Get
• A competitive salary
• Equity Options
• Health and 401K
• Death in Service benefit
• Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
• Opportunity to work with HapticVR™, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
• 8+ years of experience in Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence or other quantitative disciplines and a degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
• 3+ years of analytical people management experience
• Proven experience in creating commercial partnerships and collaborations
• Deep experience developing successful analytics-based solutions to business problems
• Proven track record of solving ambiguous and complex data problems
• Clear understanding of the healthcare market in the US
• Exceptional critical thinking and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide and senior audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analysis
• You will be experienced in one or more machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Sagemaker or similar
Who You Are
• You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you
• You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
• You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
• Yo do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a US national with the ability to work and reside in the USA.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.