FundamentalVR is an established start-up with a mission – to take the best of what VR and haptic technology has to offer (HapticVR™) and develop a platform for surgeons to practice complex operating procedures in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Having delivered our first range of products to the market, we are expanding our team to develop our full SaaS platform and are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join us, building ‘flight simulators for surgery’.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award and the ‘VR, AR & MR’ SXSW award. We have also achieved CPD accreditation from the Royal College of Surgeons and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College, to name but a few!
About The Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to join our team, sharing in the responsibility for ensuring the continued high quality of our VR and haptic experiences. You will work closely with the QA Lead and the rest of the team to ensure we produce robust, realistic and immersive content.
This person will be required to assist in the overall testing effort on multiple differing projects employing motivated and self directed testing and following structured test plans. They will also aid in the creation of test plans and other documentation when required and be able to give ideas on how the overall testing effort can be improved.
You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
- Good communication skills; able to explain complex problems clearly both in writing and verbally
- Passion for processes and an interest in software development
- Ability to multitask, take instruction and do whatever is needed to help in the overall testing effort
- Self motivated and diligent
What You Will Do
- Employ self-directed testing and testing techniques on various builds and applications
- Follow and correctly execute test cases and other documentation during the later stages of the product life cycle
- Report any and all discovered defects into the internal bug tracker ensuring reports are to a high standard, offering additional information and support if required
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
What You Will Get
- Opportunity to expand your skills in a cutting edge software development environment
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Opportunity to work with HapticVR™, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
- A good eye for detail, with a clear and concise written and verbal communication style
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, and work effectively under pressure
- Enthusiasm for new technologies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Who You Are
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you (there will be fun – we promise!)
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa; unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.