FundamentalVR is an established start-up with a mission – to take the best of what VR and haptic technology has to offer and develop a platform for surgeons to practice complex operating procedures in a safe and cost-effective manner.
With a live product in market which is developing and being adopted fast we are expanding our team to develop our full SaaS platform and are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join us, building ‘flight simulators for surgery’.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic 3D software production professional to join our team, taking on responsibility for leading the Production and Project Management discipline of our VR and haptic experiences. You will work closely with the CXO, CTO, CLO and the rest of the team to ensure we produce accurate, realistic and immersive content that really simulates what performing surgery is like. You will take the lead in determining the best way to run development and help us achieve our goals. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
- Define and lead the production and project management for the business
- Own the long term planning and resource allocation tool for the business
- Own the budget and P&L for all development projects
- Use a variety of modern Agile production methods and tools to coordinate, schedule and track the businesses work
- Work closely with the broader Senior Management team to help develop an efficient, professional, successful and happy team
- Manage Agile development and all sprint cycle meetings across the business
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
- Act as key point of contact for all production and project management aspects of the development team
- Manage the QA and localisation teams to ensure we provide high quality and bug free releases
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Employee share scheme
- Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
- Benefits including a pension, healthcare, perks and the benefits of our brand new private office!
What We Are Looking For
- Several major projects completed in a similar Senior Production or Project Management role
- Strong experience of having managed multiple teams and projects across a company simultaneously
- Confidence and experience in running multi-disciplined Agile software development projects using 3D game engines (Unity experience a plus)
- A expert and deep understanding of agile development and SCRUM, with the ability to adapt and mature the processes as the teams and projects require
- A strong eye for detail, with a clear and concise written and verbal communication style
- Interest in and some knowledge of VR, MR and AR technologies is essential, real time 3D development experience is required
- A background in science to degree level is also preferred
Who You Are
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you (there will be fun – we promise!)
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa; unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.