FundamentalVR is an established start-up with a mission – to take the best of what VR and haptic technology has to offer (HapticVR™) and develop a platform for surgeons to practice complex operating procedures in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Having delivered our first range of products to the market, we are expanding our team to develop our full SaaS platform and are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join us, building ‘flight simulators for surgery’.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award and the ‘VR, AR & MR’ SXSW award. We have also achieved CPD accreditation from the Royal College of Surgeons and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College, to name but a few!
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic professional to join our team, taking on responsibility for helping to develop the artwork for our VR and haptic experiences. You will work closely with the rest of the art team, the engineers, the medical, educational and UX/Design team to produce realistic, immersive content. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
- Follow and help develop the artwork style, tools, techniques and pipeline for the product
- Produce simulation ready optimised artwork in a realistic style that is suitable for VR runtime
- Work with the team to analyse the visual requirements and provide effective solutions
- Participate in agile development and SCRUM
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Opportunity to work with HapticVR™, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
- Other 3D art projects completed in a similar artist role
- A strong eye for detail and understanding of colour, light, structure and form.
- High quality examples of character creation and other organic artwork development is essential.
- High quality examples of hard surface and environment assets is a plus.
- Comfortable modeling and texturing internal organs, bones, muscles and other tissues and watching the reference materials to make this achievable.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest tools and techniques in 3D art, including but not limited to PBR, physics simulation and optimisation for real-time game engines.
- Proven track record of both artistic and technical creativity, with a passion for working with teams and solving problems.
- Deep knowledge of 2D/3D creation packages (Maya/Max/Zbrush/Photoshop etc).
- Interest in VR, MR and AR technologies is essential, experience is preferred.
- Experience of Unity is essential, other game engine experience is a plus.
Who You Are
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you (there will be fun – we promise!)
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa; unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.