FundamentalVR is an established start-up with a mission – to take the best of what VR and haptic technology has to offer (HapticVR™) and develop a platform for surgeons to practice complex operating procedures in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Having delivered our first range of products to the market, we are expanding our team to develop our full SaaS platform and are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join us, building ‘flight simulators for surgery’.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award and the ‘VR, AR & MR’ SXSW award. We have also achieved CPD accreditation from the Royal College of Surgeons and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College, to name but a few!
About The Role
We are looking for an intelligent and creative person who is passionate about production and has a well-rounded education that can be applied to multiple areas of development. Excellent organization and time management skills are a necessity.
This person will be required to help identify interdependencies of development tasks and effectively coordinate the use of staff to ensure efficient asset flow through the pipeline. They will also aid in making decisions on budget and schedule based on those analyses, indicating what is or is not practical or possible under the development model.
It is also important that this person acts as a motivator and mediator across all segments of the studio; he or she should cultivate an environment of cooperation among colleagues and facilitate conversations addressing development issues or ideas for innovation.
What You Will Do
- Daily monitoring, tracking and updating of tasks via project management tools.
- Providing coverage for Producers & Senior Producers where necessary.
- Participate in agile development and SCRUM.
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product.
- Identifying, supporting and supplying marketing assets to marketing and PR departments.
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Opportunity to work with HapticVR™, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
- Exceptional communication skills; explain clearly both in writing and verbally
- Meticulously organised: plan, set goals and prioritise
- A great eye for detail; be accurate in filing, labelling and planning schedules
- Ability to multitask
- Full software development project life-cycle experience in an internal or external role
- Experience with QA processes
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software
- Be flexible, take instruction, do whatever is needed to help the team get their jobs done
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, and work effectively under pressure;
- Scrum Master Certification a plus;
- Ability to manage competing priorities;
- Excellent knowledge of issue and project management software (e.g. Jira) and other task tracking tools;
- Excellent knowledge of Office-style applications;
- Excellent knowledge of common project management methodologies (e.g. Agile).
Who You Are
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you (there will be fun – we promise!)
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa; unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.