FundamentalVR is an established startup with a mission – to take the very best of VR and haptic technology and develop a platform for surgeons and trainees to learn and practice surgical procedures, developing their skills in a safe and cost-effective manner.
We are developing a full SaaS platform that launched in 2018, and are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join us and help build the future.
About The Role
We are looking for a Lead Anatomist to join our team in the development of surgical simulations taking responsibility for the medical accuracy of our 3D anatomical models.
You will be actively working with 3D artists, modellers and key opinion leaders in surgery as well as our internal team of medical education experts to ensure our simulations are medically accurate and they create effective training experiences to develop surgical knowledge and skills.
We’re currently working across orthopaedics, ophthalmology, cardiology, spine / neurology, and general surgery but in time we will be covering all surgical specialities so you’ll need a thirst for knowledge and passion for education.
This role is available as a full or part-time post and potentially as a remote worker.
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Employee share scheme
- Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
- Benefits including a pension and the benefits of our WeWork office – free artisan barista-made coffee, drinks and snacks, wellness activities and lots of social events!
What We Are Looking For
Essential experience and qualification
- PhD (or masters in an anatomy related subject with significant experience) in human anatomy, clinical anatomy or medical imaging
- Experience teaching, training or contributing to the development of medical/surgical education
- A strong eye for detail, with a clear and concise written communication style and excellent verbal communication skills
- Project management or research experience
The following would be advantageous but not essential:
- Some experience in working with 3D modellers, animators or medical illustrators
- Some experience in observing, advising or contributing to the role of a surgical and/or OR team
- An interest in and some basic knowledge of simulation, virtual reality or e-learning
Who You Are
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you (there will be fun – we promise!)
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure
Diversity Is Our Strength
Fundamental VR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At Fundamental VR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa; unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.