FundamentalVR is an established startup with a mission – to take the very best of VR and haptic technology and develop a platform for surgeons and trainees to learn and practice surgical procedures, developing their skills in a safe and cost-effective manner.
We are building a full SaaS platform that launched in 2018, and are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join us and help build the future.
About The Role
We are looking for a ‘medical researcher and project manager’ to lead on the analysis and design specification of our surgical simulations under the supervision of our KOLs and Chief Learning Officer.
You will also be actively working with our internal experts in the creation of VR and haptic experiences. You will work closely with the CLO and CXO to ensure we produce medically accurate, realistic and educationally effective simulation experiences that facilitate training in surgical knowledge and skills.
What You Will Do
- Working with global key opinion leaders (KOLs) in surgery and our Global Medical Panel you will undertake medical research to facilitate surgical task analysis (training to be provided) to define a surgical workflow and analyze the surgical objectives, tasks, actions, surgical anatomy, and tools/instrumentation.
- Working with the KOLs and our Chief Learning Officer you will then evaluate the key knowledge, skills and competencies required for training in each surgical procedure and then in collaboration with the design and engineering teams define the key steps of the surgical simulation.
- Act as an internal key point of contact for the medical accuracy of our surgical simulation (advocating for our key opinion leaders on a day-to-day basis in between their regular quality reviews)
- Participate in agile project development
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Employee share scheme
- Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
- Benefits including a pension and the benefits of our brand new WeWork office – free artisan barista-made coffee, drinks and snacks, wellness activities and lots of social events!
What We Are Looking For
- A healthcare professional, healthcare science or biomedical qualification: MBChB, BNurs, RCVS, BSc / MSc / PhD BioMed
- A strong eye for detail, with a clear and concise written and verbal communication style
- Project management or research experience
- The following would be advantageous but not essential:
- Some experience in observing, advising or contributing to the role of a surgical and/or OR team
- An interest in and some basic knowledge of simulation, virtual reality or e-learning
- Experience of working on educational projects or working within an education, training, teaching or learning development context
Who You Are
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you (there will be fun – we promise!)
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure
Diversity Is Our Strength
Fundamental VR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At Fundamental VR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa, unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.