Fundamental is an established startup with a mission – to take the best of what VR and haptic technology has to offer and develop a platform for surgeons to practice complex operating procedures in a safe and cost-effective manner.
We are building a full SaaS platform that launched in May 2018, and are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join us, helping to build ‘flight simulators for surgery’.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team, taking on responsibility for developing innovative haptic features. You will work closely with the rest of the team to ensure we produce accurate, realistic and immersive content that really simulates what performing surgery is like. You will do research and development into the best way to represent the various actions performed across the whole spectrum of surgery, and be involved in adding this work to our product. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
- Lead the development of features in our Haptic library
- Leverage Unity features and combine with our library to create Haptic and VR gameplay
- Work closely with other engineers, designers and artists
- Participate in agile development and SCRUM
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Employee share scheme
- Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
- Benefits including a pension and the benefits of our brand new WeWork office – free artisan barista-made coffee, drinks and snacks, wellness activities and lots of social events!
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years professional programming experience
- Excellent C# skills
- Excellent understanding of 3D Maths and Physics
- Published products developed with Unity
- VR experience beneficial
- Experience with force feedback devices beneficial
- C++ experience an advantage
Who You Are
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you (there will be fun – we promise!)
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure
Diversity Is Our Strength
Fundamental VR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At Fundamental VR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa, unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.