FundamentalVR is an established startup with a mission – to take the very best of VR and haptic technology and develop a platform for surgeons and trainees to learn and practice surgical procedures, developing their skills in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Having delivered our first range of products to the market, we are expanding our team to develop our full SaaS platform and are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join us, building ‘flight simulators for surgery’.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Awards and ‘Br, AR and MR’ SXSW award. We have also achieved CPD accreditation from the Royal College of Surgeons and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and resaerch providers such as the May Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College, to name but a few!
About The Role
We are looking for an exceptional software engineer to join our team, taking responsibility for pushing the boundaries of what is possible in surgical simulation. You will work closely with the rest of the team to ensure we produce accurate, realistic and immersive content that really simulates what performing surgery is like. You will collaborate with the team to deliver the best way to simulate various actions performed across the whole spectrum of surgery, and be responsible for adding this work to our product. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
- Research cutting edge HapticVR surgical simulation technology
- Build GPU accelerated physics simulations from the ground up
- Work closely with other engineers, designers and artists
- Participate in agile development and SCRUM
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years professional programming experience
- Good C++ skills
- Excellent understanding of 3D Maths and Physics
- In depth understanding of GPU programming
- Experience with one or more of th following: DirectX + HLSL | OpenGL + GLSL | CUDA
- VR Experience beneficial
- Experience with force feedback devices beneficial
- C# and Unity experience an advantage
Who You Are
- You love working on groundbreaking technology
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure
Diversity Is Our Strength
Fundamental VR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At Fundamental VR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa; unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.