FundamentalVR is an established start-up with a mission – to take the best of what VR and haptic technology has to offer (HapticVR™) and develop a platform for surgeons to practice complex operating procedures in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Having delivered our first range of products to the market, we are expanding our team to develop our full SaaS platform and are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join us, building ‘flight simulators for surgery’.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award and the ‘VR, AR & MR’ SXSW award. We have also achieved CPD accreditation from the Royal College of Surgeons and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College, to name but a few!
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic professional to join our team, taking on responsibility for helping to develop the Support and Customer Service function for our HapticVR™ experiences. You will work closely with the rest of the Operations team, the sales team, the medical, educational and design team to support SaaS and Enterprise customers to effectively use their simulations. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
- Lead the development of our service and support procedures
- Onboard new customers acquired via the website or direct sales
- Maintain customer, licence and billing records
- Manage the support queue, enlisting other teams and call centre where necessary to resolve customer queries and expand our knowledge base
- Manage enquiries coming through all support channels (online, email and telephone)
- Work with the team to analyse support requests and provide effective solutions
- Learn the product well enough to provide support and customer demonstrations
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality level of service
- Share your knowledge and manage/mentor other support staff
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Opportunity to participate in a fast-paced startup environment
- Opportunity to work with HapticVR™, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
What We Are Looking For
- A numerate and articulate individual
- Highly organised, methodical and meticulous
- Computer literate, with an interest in VR/MR technologies
- Customer facing manner – good on the phone or over email – unflappable
- Previous experience in a middleweight/senior customer service/support role (min 3 years)
- Fluency in German strongly desired
Who You Are
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failure, but rather learn and develop from them
Diversity Is Our Strength
FundamentalVR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At FundamentalVR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
How To Apply
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa; unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Please send your CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that candidates will be expected to supply references.